Thursday, March 22, 2007

Machine Quilters

Marion, there are machine quilters -- and then there are machine quilters. Permit me to advise you not to send anything to one unless you have seen her work. I had a real disaster here when we moved here. A company with 3 machines and a waiting list did a quilt for me. I didn't think to open it up and look at it while there. Got home and apparently their needle had a burr on it, there were pulls all over the back. Next one I tried here was apparently totally inexperienced -- it was quilted, but that was it. After viewing some local shows, I found my present machine quilter, who is a marvelously creative, lovely person who does a fantastic job.

Marge PA, it was me that got the 2nd place and hoped to sell the quilt to begin with. First I went three years with no sewing machine, then used a very old slant needle Singer. My husband thought I could do my own quilting, since it is so expensive to get done, and got me a Janome 6600, which was financed. The finance rate is 23%, so needless to say I am trying to get it paid down rapidly, since we are on fixed income here (Social Security). So far I am not talented enough to do machine quilting very well with it, thus having it done by a longarm quilter. Yes there is a money prize with the ribbon, made enough for what the quilting cost.
Lavinia-TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home