Monday, March 19, 2007

Out of town a bit

Loved the socks!
This past weekend we went to Crystal River--across the state on the back roads. The drive was wonderful, cows, open land, lots of farms. It was cold and windy on my first time fishing. We had a boat of 4 with a guide, and fished the "flats". The wind was so bad, I had on a hooded sweat shirt and a heavy jacket with hood. My hands were freezing. Tried, had a few hits, but didn't catch anything. The other people on the boat got a few red snappers, a catfish, and some sort of odd fish, but everything was too small to keep.
After 2 hours we packed it in.
Tomorrow I'm driving to West Palm Beach to see my Mom and brother. Dear brother was sick and in the VA hospital for 2 nights, and Mom was alone. At 89 this just isn't right. He could have at least called me. I think she had a mini-stroke one morning, as was slurred speach and couldn't figure how to make the coffee. After a frantic day of calling neighbors and friends there, got someone to look in on her. We will have to make some plans to have her cared for.
Sigh- - - -life is sometimes tough.
I did purchase a "clean" version of "My Cousin Vinnie" to show her . They now have a DVD player, so at least she can watch a movie.
Will check in next week.
Sara in sunny Fla.

1 Comments:

At March 27, 2007 at 11:11 PM , Blogger jacuart said...

I hoppe all of you are in good shape.
The VA hospital at WPB do not have a good reputation in the sense of administration but most of the doctors are good.
God bless you.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home