Sunday, March 18, 2007

It is Sunday

First may I say that your daffodils sound wonderful, Jane and I'm envious as we swing between snow and snowmelt ice these days in southern Ontario, Canada.

My day began with a trip to the Toronto area to pick up a Singer treadle machine that my cousin-in-law, Heather, arranged for me to have. As I don't know anything about treadle machines, other than some people are very proud to own one, I have no way of identifying it other than taking the number off the top of the base of the machine. It is JA367797. Does this mean anything? The cabinet is veneer and has to be stripped off, then I'll have a proper wooden top made for it; repaint the decorative wrought iron black base and the cabinet, my everpresent, Para New Cameo White. Meanwhile, the machine is sitting beneath the diningroom table, the cabinet in the back of my car and I'm admirous of the decorative work on a very heavy black sewing machine. Now that I think of it....where is the treadle? Guess that didn't get saved over the years.

This afternoon, friend Virginia called and suggested a movie. What movie you might ask? We went to a late afternoon showing of Wild Hogs. I am not of an age or interest in motorcyclists and no great fan of John Travolta, who looks like he's on steroids, given his build, but it was a funny, noisy diversion of a movie. I don't think, for me, I'd have seen it had I not been in the mood for something completely distracting . And this provided it. But by the same token, not my cup of tea. Still, I came out with a smile on my face.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home