Sunday, March 18, 2007

HERE I AM

I weighed in this morning and was pleased with a three pound drop. However, I have learned the painful way that is still within the margin of error. I waffle up and down quite regularly. But it beats being up three pounds as last Sunday was the peak of my lifetime. I am hopeful to be back in my large collection of size 16 jeans in a few weeks. I remember how mortified I was when I had to buy the 16s. I was a 10 or 12 once upon a time. I'd be delirious with a 14. Some brands are larger/smaller than others particularly when I get my favorite elastic waist pull up pants at K Mart which are 18s. The 18s from LL Bean are too big but the 16s are uncomfortably tight. The smaller ones are in storage in a plastic bin in the garage.

I've been struggling with two machines today but think I'm up and running now. XM satellite radio has had three days of Radio Ireland broadcast of Irish music in honor of St. Paddy so I've enjoyed that while I cursed the two difficult machines. A few hours of it does satisfy one for a while however.

Yum, I'm thawing out some swordfish for supper tonight. Gotta get those Omega 3 fatty acids. I love swordfish and salmon. Unfortunately here in the mountains most of that available has been frozen and the salmon is farm raised and fed food with red food dye in it so the fish looks "natural". Sheeeesh. I guess the traditional fishing areas are fished out. I have no problem with the idea of fish farming but food dye? Who needs it.

Gorgeous but a bit chilly here. The daffodils are in full bloom, the weeping willow trees, always the first to leaf out, are doing just that and the red maples are in flower. The Bradford Pears which are an ornamental tree that don't bear fruit are flowering. The flowers are very delicate pretty white typical fruit tree flowers. The foliage is a dramatic dark burgundy red in the fall.

Jane in NC

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home