Thursday, March 22, 2007

MARION

Marion, first and foremost you ARE a quilter and that is your passion and that is what counts. I do not enter competitions. The reason my quilt was taken to Pigeon Forge was in hopes of selling it so I could pay for my sewing machine, which has high interest on the payments. The fact that it won a ribbon was an extra for me and a real plus for the young woman who did the machine quilting, since it got her work more into the public domain, if you will. So keep on quiltin', your award will be the thanks and admiration of those for whom you are doing it, and that means more than a ribbon in my book (speaking as one who doesn't get thanked by some of my family and whose drag-around quilts have been lost immediately by them as well).

Guess today I'll either call or better yet, write the Office of Special Events and see if they can have the guild manufacture another ribbon. Thanks for the input, Jane.

Lavinia-Tn

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home