Wednesday, March 21, 2007

LAVINIA

Don't be shy. Faint heart ne'er won fair maid and all that. Ask them for a second place ribbon. The worst they can do is say no. Be sure to save the letter so your grandchildren won't think you are lying.

My walk with Shadow revealed additional signs of the season. I saw two of my favorite wild flowers, spring beauties and hepatica. Both are small and close to the ground with very delicate white blooms. Spring beauty has little pink streaks on the white. In some locations I've seen them almost entirely pink. Hepatica is white with some lavender shading at the edges of the petals. I think they are sometimes almost entirely lavender. They are named for their liver shaped foliage which is sort of liver color. This is the best time of year in my opinion and I've been almost high with it this week. Haven't seen any trillium foliage yet but when it appears it does so in a rush.

Can't wait til DD#1 arrives with the three grands on Easter day. They still enjoy coming to see Granny.

Jane in God's Country
Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home