Thursday, March 22, 2007

Jean. I like your theory !!

Just the incentive I need ... Doris may have picked up last weeks loss, but I'm sure that this weeks loss is sitting on my hips.. Now you've got me worried, all those spare pounds , floating around the world, looking for a home... .... I will go and weigh myself immediately and set myself a realistic goal.. (it's a least a year since I stood on the scales !!) I would be happy with a loss of 14lbs, that doesn't sound too hard does it ? No more buttered hot-cross buns or chocolate Easter eggs for a start....

Marge , so we are old friends !! I wonder what the pattern was that you sent to me . When I first started quilting (23yrs ago) there were no quilting shops in NZ. I used to buy the American Quilter's Newsletter Magazine. They had a page of photos of quilts made by quilters along with letters about them. One quilt caught my eye and I wrote to the lady who had made it, asking how I could get the pattern for it. She kindly photo-copied her pattern and sent it to me. That was my very first quilt (Double-bed sized ofcourse !!) Such kindness and support was (and is) appreciated. We have lots of quilting shops here now and ofcourse, with the Internet, just about anything world-wide is available to us . Interestingly, the pattern for the quilt I am working on at the moment , Bears n'Boats, was sourced and sent to me by BB members very recently. And so the exchange and friendships continue. That's what makes this a special place..

Lavinia thanks you for the warning. I think it's unlikely that I will ever send a quilt out to be machine quilted , but I will check out the quilters work very carefully , if I do.

DH has gone off fly-fishing today. It looks as if it will be a great day for it. Trout for dinner tonight ! Yum !!

Marion (forever optimistic !!)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home