Thursday, March 22, 2007

Congratulations Lavinia!

LAVINIA - Congrats on the Second Place ribbon for your quilt! It is beautiful and if it tied Second, I have to wonder what First looked like. There must have been some stiff competition because your quilt is beautiful.

POLLEN is abundant around here. I filled my car up and sprung for the automatic car wash; my car is filthy from pollen and even the gas pump was covered in it. The flowering trees are all in full bloom: Yoshino Cherries, Bradford Pears, Cherry, Redbuds, and who knows what else. Dogwoods and crabtrees are next. It's beautiful but I have to stay indoors or it will give me a sinus infection.

I hit the treadmill today. Major concession, as I do not like the treadmill. But I must get into shape for our trip in mid-May to Ireland. I need to be ready to walk golf courses with the DH. He suggested we walk outdoors at night, under cover of darkness so nobody can see the surgical mask I have to wear to keep the pollen out of these sinuses of mine. Hhhmmm . . . might do it.

Our Alex got his first dose of Frontline for the season today. With weather this warm (highs in the upper 70s and up to 80 this weekend) I know the fleas and ticks aren't far behind.

Welp, so much for my whining. I'll have some cheese with it . . . LOL . . . but no chocolate until I give those 4 pounds of Jean's to someone else. Mother always encouraged us to share! LOL
Hugs to everyone,
Doris W. in TN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home