Sunday, November 1, 2015

Spring time continued !




 When I planted this Shrub , some twenty / thirty years ago , I imagined that it would grow to cover the space  below this window.  Having  failed to prune it for at least the last two years , I now have an indoor/ out door plant , and it is giving  me great pleasure !!  

NZ won the Rugby World, cup today.  Great excitement here , we are a Rugby mad country and we have a team of great young men who have worked hard for their success.  We played Australia in the final this morning and they proved a worthy opponent !!  We were up at five a.m. to watch the game and it was well worth getting up for .  The cup is played for every four years and we won it last time too.  This is the first time that there has been a back to back winner , so we are feeling very proud of the team !  

Lovely to hear from you Mary Jo, I always enjoy hearing your news and views , thank you for posting on her behalf Rosey.  I wonder where everybody else is ?  There are so few of us posting these days.  Maybe Face Book has taken its place? Personally  I am avoiding that at all costs !  Not sure why, probably because I don't fully understand how to control it and have no wish to collect hundreds of friends , I have a hard enough time keeping up with the friends that I've got !

have a good week.
Marion.

1 Comments:

At November 1, 2015 at 6:19 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Marion, I'm with you in regard to FaceBook, Twitter or whatever. To me, posting personal information and personal pictures as people do on FB, is not something I'll ever understand. Who the heck cares what you did last night, last week, what your family did, we all have a life, I think these Facebookers enjoy the limelight that the internet provides. I don't understand how it works either, you have 'friends' who can read your FB page, some you can ban from it or block, banish them into the Ethernet. All sounds pretty controlling to me and an invasion of privacy, too...but lots don't seem to mind this these days on the internet. Sort of like the Enquirer with gossip.
RoseyP

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home