Wednesday, October 7, 2015

CLAIMED Back in the day I lived here at WWQP, traded many fabrics etc. and posted about projects. I seldom do any sewing or quilting now and that's way I'm posting. I have a very nice adjustable non-basting quilting frame that was given to me. I used it a few times, but it now needs a new home where it will be loved and used. If you live near Columbia, Florence, Cheraw, Sumter, or Camden, SC and are interested in having this frame please contact me. I have contacted the one guild in my area but no one was interested. Seems almost all hand quilting is done by machine now. That's sad. There has to be someone that still hand finishes their quilts. Below is more information about it. Please, help me by sending this on to guilds in your area if you are in SC. Will hold a top up to 65” wide comfortably (maybe wider). Locally handcrafted from bamboo. Adjustable height up to 4 foot. The frame tilts up and down and measures 73” X 37”. The frame can be taken apart for storage. Free for local pick up. I live about 30 miles north of Florence, SC. I have had the frame for around five years now. To date I have used it to finish three quilts. However, it is just too large for my small house. I’m trying to find someone that would like to have it. It is made from bamboo wood, has been well taken care of. Email me at lightningsj at att dot net

4 Comments:

At October 9, 2015 at 4:28 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Sandra-- I don't hand quilt, but was wondering how you are doing with all the rain and flooding?
My DSIL is a crop adjuster, living in Sumpter, SC. He says the farmers have lost everything, especially the peanut and corn crops.
He is swamped with work.
Hope you are high and dry.
Sara in Fla.

 
At October 10, 2015 at 7:48 PM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

We are fine in my area. Thanks for asking. There was LOTS of rain and still more today. This summer was a bad one too. We had very little rain until this hurricane past by and most crops died in the fields or were stunted. Please ask your daughter? that lives in Sumter to mention the frame to anyone that quilts or any guilds in that area. Sumter is 45 miles away from me. I haven't been able to find much info online about guilds in SC and what little I did fine either had no phone number listed or the email addy doesn't work. Websites really should keep those things updated.

 
At October 12, 2015 at 12:18 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Sandra-- no luck with my DD. (I didn't think there would be) her only suggestion was for you to post it on Craig's List. She does a lot of things there. I believe you can restrict it to your general geographic area.
Sara in Fla.

 
At October 14, 2015 at 9:26 AM , Blogger Lightning57~ Sandra from SC said...

Thanks. I found someone to take it and marked the post CLAIMED.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home