Monday, October 19, 2015

Spring...

I'm having trouble with the keyboard today . Sometimes it is so simple, today it is offering me all sorts of alternatives and Im not sure which one to take..  Just thought it was worth trying to post this photo Every year I am taken by the beauty of this tree and every year I have to take photos of it !  I have probably posted one before...    We are still experiencing unsettled spring weather , strong winds and chilly days with the occasional lovely day , when all seems well in the world...
We have our property on the market after years of talking about it.  No interest so far but it's early days yet and we are in no hurry to move off.  Other than that , life is ticking by, another birthday recently reminded me of that !

Marion .


2 Comments:

At October 20, 2015 at 11:43 AM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Oh marion, that's exactly the same shot I have taken in springtime. I have never been sure whether I have an apple tree or cherry tree but it has to be apple. The tiny fruit shapes are unlike anything I've known before. But the blue sky, the blossoms, this is our spring too. Today though, we are going to be pulling the gardens and putting things to bed as much as we can. I have my weed person coming for three hours so I'm hoping we can get much of the work done today. Two frosts have left everything limp and dark and facing the reality of a winter to come.
Thanks for the lovely photo
Rosey up over in Canada

 
At October 20, 2015 at 1:57 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Sounds as if you are very busy in the garden Rosey, it's well worth the effort though isn't it ? I wish I had been more pro-active putting mine to bed last autumn. We had some particularly hard frosts during the winter. I noticed yesterday, that some things which should be showing signs of life, aren't ! On further investigation I found that the begonias had rotted in the ground, due to frost damage. I am hoping that some will have survived. They were given to me, many years ago, by a dear friend and I had intended to put some in pots this year, to take away with me when, and if, we leave the property ! Rain and wind forecast for today but it is fine and sunny at the moment so DH and I plan to take Holly down to the beach for a walk..
(The tiny fruit shapes are buds of the blossom flowers)

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home