Monday, February 9, 2015

After the snowstorm




February usually sees more sunny days that overcast days like this but getting up this morning and looking outside, everything looked like a blanket of white lace.  Each little branch was etched in white.  The picnic table is laden with snow, the cherry tree, filigreed in white.  It was magical.  The lack of sun typical after a snowfall overnight.  In the next post, I'll find a picture of the cherry tree in full bloom.  At this time of year, many people find winter difficult, I find it beautiful.  But, I don't have to commute to a job with road conditions in winter, I have a choice to stay home in the midst of a winter's storm.  Retirement allows for choice.
Rosey

4 Comments:

At February 10, 2015 at 3:27 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Fun pictures - lovely descriptions. I drove to the neighboring community after a snow storm here last week. The wind had whipped the snow like meringue along the fence rows. The beauty of it inspired those words about it from me. I was amazed at myself.

 
At February 10, 2015 at 3:52 AM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

Great photos, Rosey. I still have on my bucket list to be snowed on LOL

 
At February 10, 2015 at 1:30 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Today, the sun is out and since my camera is broken and my friend who took the photos yesterday had left for home (her husband is having a triple by-pass at a hospital nearby) before the sun came out and sparkled the trees all up like diamond necklaces (but I think Laura's description is the best) and now the snow is starting to melt off the tree branches. The sky is aquamarine blue, a perfect backdrop for the dull green of the evergreen and the deciduous trees. Fran, you know that if you come here in winter, G. will be conscripted to running the snow blower and needing a full length snow suit with helmet, eye holes poked out of it...J. looks like a navy blue abominable snowman when he gets geared up...then comes in looking like Frosty the Snowman.
Rosey

 
At February 10, 2015 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

We have a reasonable covering of snow here, every few years, but it seldom lasts for more than a few days. It is magical though, just like these photos show. Thank you (and your friend !) for taking and posting these lovely photos Rosey. I can feel the chill in the air.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home