Sunday, January 19, 2014

Sunday morning in the country

Let me share with you my experience in trying to get this photo uploaded (it's of our granddaughter's first ski lesson at the age of five, yesterday).  It took me seven tries to get it uploaded.  Google kept interfering with pop-ups wanting to know how they were doing.  Well....I told them, in no uncertain terms how they were doing and interfering with my posting here.  They thanked me for my feedback.  I hope they can't track me down.  It was nothing short of aggravating but when things get like that, it makes me all the more determined to do it.  So, I don't feel so peaceful and Sunday morning in the country any more.  I'm royally p*ssed off with Google interfering on my computer.  My computer is ten years old.  It is going into the shop next week for a general clean-out.  I hope my computer gurus can get rid of these darned pop-ups.  I've found in the past three days that blogs now have words highlighted and if my browser runs over them, up pops another ad.  At least my computer doesn't care if I swear at it.

So you see, whatever I was going to say, has been lost in my frustration with the internet and the peace of my Sunday morning, altered.  MaryJo, not an easy thing to go through, I'm sorry to read about your DH.  And Heather, kids seem to 'grow' up these days without the word 'committment' in their language skills...don't know if this has affected your guys or not, but what happened to longevity in a relationship/marriage...I see so many younger people coming into my B&B, not married, different girlfriends, one chap, three times coming in here.  I finally told him...don't come back unless you're with the same woman twice.  Your mother must want grandchildren.  What I wonder is that young people seem to get fed up, end relationships without thinking about the cost they're incurring..and then, hello...no money to live on afterward...not even thinking about their old age and how they're going to have money for that, because growing old is expensive unless you want to end up living in circumstances you'd never thought you'd live in.

So better end this...you see, it doesn't take interesting news to come on here...you can come on and express your views. 
Like me.
Rosey in Snowy Canada

5 Comments:

At January 19, 2014 at 4:44 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Rosey - I'll bet your computer has some malware or spyware on it.
The computer techs should be able to find it and eradicate all of it.

Wonderful photo of your DGD! Our son learned to snow ski as a child and it was fairly easy for him. Me.... not so much. I couldn't even handle the bunny slope. I tried to learn too late in life. Does not bother me a bit. One less way to fall and break something. ;-)

 
At January 19, 2014 at 7:20 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, I won't even ask what malware or spyware is but it's likely better that I do know. Sounds like it could be catching. Last week, was frustrating in that I had to deal with Bell Telephone, our carrier for our internet and landline. I've been a customer of Bell's since they had live people answering their phone calls. But this time, after several attempts to lower the bills that keep going up unilaterly for the same service offered before, I told the woman on the other end of the line that my computer was as slow as a turtle despite me paying for high speed. She asked when it had last been cleaned and since that time, I've had gremlins in my computer doing awful things to it. I don't think she sent them..lol. But we did sort out that we had been paying for a service which was not needed and when we switched to high speed, we were then on what they call a dry loop instead of a wet loop. Now, explain me that! Anyway, the computer is going into the shop this week and I'm not sure how I'll live without it. This is from someone who said: 'we don't need a computer'.
Rosey

 
At January 19, 2014 at 10:22 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

"... the computer is going into the shop this week and I'm not sure how I'll live without it. This is from someone who said: 'we don't need a computer'."

This is my life! I fought getting Internet forever because I knew my family would be on the computer and I would have nobody to talk to. Once we got Internet, guess who lives on the computer. (guilty as charged...LOL)

 
At January 20, 2014 at 1:57 AM , Blogger heather said...

Yes Rosey....u hit the nail on the head about committed relationships and the apparent ease of discarding......

 
At January 20, 2014 at 6:06 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Heather, I suspected as much...awful for grandparents to go through watching grandchildren's and our own children's lives so disrupted by a lack of commitment. Not all, but many of the instant, push button, self-gratification generations go through such turmoil. Being in a committed relationship is one of the hardest things anyone will every do, aside from dying. We've all, I'm sure, been through difficult times with spouses (some may remember Rosey's Retreat and the upset I was facing right smack in the middle of that week)...People, young people, don't seem to understand the cost and I don't mean always financially but the emotional cost to their children and the people around them. Believe me, I know first hand the disruptions this causes in families. I raised two children, not my own, whose parents had divorced and both children were badly scarred by the experience. I'd like to knock some of these 'kids' heads together and knock some sense into them. And my computer goes off tomorrow. I'll be out of the 'loop' for a few days. Also, our landline has gone tilt...can't phone out...what next.
Rosey

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home