Friday, January 17, 2014

Newest quilt finish

I feel a little boring and mostly lazy. It's a shame because I do enjoy reading all the goings on among the quilters. Life changes and evolves not unlike this board. Since this group was my first on line connection with quilters a feel a kinship and always check in for updates.

DH fully retired this August so many of you know the changes going on in my home. I yearn for more time in the quilt studio. How long will it take for the adjustments? We have done considerably more traveling. Many visits to the kids and grand kids and catching up with old friends and relatives. Along with retirement we are dealing with issues of pain and numbness for DH and no answers or solutions as yet. That and the usual aging issues get old rather quickly.

This is my latest quilt finish for my BFF. I finished it after Christmas but forgot to photograph the finished quilt. Forgive the cluttered photo.

4 Comments:

At January 17, 2014 at 10:38 AM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Laura in IA - someone in my golf league once told me that having her DH retired and home all day was like having company that would not go home. LOL

Beautiful quilt! Thank you for the photo.

 
At January 18, 2014 at 5:25 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Doris,
That statement about a retired husband makes a whole lot of sense. It made me LOL and I'm still smiling. Thanks. I know it will just take time.

 
At January 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Love the quilt! I have that pattern but as usual never got around to it, LOL.

 
At January 20, 2014 at 6:28 AM , Blogger Lavinia said...

Love the quilt! I have that pattern but as usual never got around to it, LOL.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home