Friday, January 3, 2014

Sun finally out! Windy

Burrrrr! Heavy rain yesterday, almost 2 in. at my house. Finally the gray, gloomy skies cleared today, it was 30 when I got up. Up to about 45 now. Very windy! We were going to the beach today, but will wait to go on Sat. AM. My eye Dr. appt. is at Mayo, and they are very close so only about a 10-15 min. drive on Monday AM, instead of 45 min. from here. I am trying to make arrangements to present a Quilt of Valor to a man in Starke, Fla. hopefully on next Thursday. Another quilter will go there with me to keep me company on the drive. It is about 45 min. one way. Did an hour of quilting this morning. One last bin of stuff to put in the attic. DH is off today, and is going through his desk throwing out stuff, getting canceled checks, etc. I think we will go out to see "The secret life of Walter Mitty" later this afternoon. We stayed up and watched football last night--Alabama vs. Oklahoma. I fell asleep about 10:30, he stayed up until mindnight, Oklahoma won. It was a very fast game, lots of turnovers, and exciting. His college roommate is flying out to California tomorrow to see the Fla. State vs. Auburn game on Monday evening. $1700.00 for 2 tickets. He is taking his nephew with him. He says it's a once in a lifetime thing, so--what the heck, go have fun. OK,can't think of anything else going on here. We are doing the pro/con list of reasons for and against moving to the beach full time. So far we have 10 for each column! Sara in Florida

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home