Sunday, May 5, 2013

checkin in

I like those Urban Log Cabin quilts!   I've never seen or heard of this pattern before, so I will have to "Google" it.

Our high yesterday was in the mid-forties.   I cannot remember the last time we had a high in the 40s in May!  It looks and feels like winter, too.  Good thing I had not washed and stored my winter parka yet, this year.    We also got 1.5" of rain with a little more to come.   This, on top of 4" of rain last weekend.   We are all trying to not complain, because we'll probably go from this to heat & drought,  but, really, enough already with the wet cold Spring weather!

Sandy,  I am impressed that your girls listen to you.   Sophie takes my commands under advisement and chooses accordingly.  She's a spoiled brat, that's for sure.  May I send her up to Camp Farmers Walk for Dogs for reform school ... er .... rehabilitation?  LOL

I finished a maternity faux-wrap dress and am on the home stretch with a twist top, both for DDIL.  She chose print fabrics that are these new fangled  ITY knits - a fine poly/lycra jersey type knit  - that are very popular right now.   They often have up to 70% stretch and drape very nicely.  However, they are quite different from quilters cottons.   I find it much easier to work with woven cottons because they don't want to stretch and slip around everywhere. (duh), but the stretchy knit works great for maternity clothes and the current fashions.

IRONS - My current fav iron is a Black & Decker D2030 steam iron.  I really, really like this one, and bought  a second one for the laundry room.   It makes good steam and even though it is the first iron I've owned and kept that has auto-shutoff,  it reheats very quickly.

4 Comments:

At May 6, 2013 at 3:21 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Doris what stores carry Black and Decker irons? I used to get those all the time but haven't seen them in a while. I thought perhaps they had been bought up by someone else.

 
At May 6, 2013 at 3:24 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Well, of course I googled it after I asked and see that is the brand of iron I own. Duh. Though I might be ready for automatic shut off at my age now. LOL

 
At May 6, 2013 at 3:41 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Here is a link (copy & paste) to amazon, which is where I bought both mine:

http://www.amazon.com/Black-Decker-D2030-Auto-Off-Advantage/dp/B0006ZUHR0/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1367872816&sr=8-1&keywords=B%26D+2030

 
At May 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Doris, you've got to be kidding...Annie listen to me...you should have seen her take off after a squirrel yesterday and was half way up the trunk of the tree before she realized, she couldn't fly like a squirrel. You know there is always one 'kid' you're always yelling at...well, Annie is it. She's one hot pistol and frankly, there are days when she's more than I can deal with, but I can handle her...when she's not chasing something...I baked a huge batch of Mill Bay dog bisquits for recalls. Sometimes, it works. Now, Meg..well she hasn't been off-leash yet except in the runs but she's one sweet-natured pup and hopefully not as headstrong as Annie. Mind you, she's famous for her 'drive-by's and hits'. She's a pickpocket and can remove kleenex with one swipe at a pocket and be off with it.

Irons...I've finally resorted to the cheapest brand that stands up (my last one tips over, darn it) and replace it when it goes t*ts up.

Rosey AKA The Lady who scrubs terlets for strangers at the farmerswalk.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home