Sunday, January 22, 2012

Dolphin spotting

I saw a dolphin in the water, very close in by the beach yesterday while at the beach condo.
The unusual thing is that he was swimming around in the same spot for 5 or 6 min. Usually you just see them one, then just the fin, and they go ahead with their trip. There was a shrimp boat nearby, so I'm thinking shrimp were running and he was getting his share. I was cleaning windows --a much needed project.
Has anyone used a "sewezee" or a travel table like it? Many in my guild have it and swear by it for classes and retreats. I'm thinking about it, but wondering if it is the only thing on the market.
Marion--I saw an HGTV show with the shipping containers used as offices, but this is the first used as shops. An excellent idea! I think they are also used for the homeless as small homes.
OK, football is on,
Sara in Fla.

3 Comments:

At January 24, 2012 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sara, I have the SewEzi table, if that is the one you're asking about. I like mine.

http://www.seweziusa.com/

I have not hauled it to a class yet, but I bought it in case I ever need to, or in case I need a spare table if a friend should come over with a machine, and that did happen once. I was glad I had it!

It is not super-lightweight like some other folding tables, but the wheels are a nice feature, and you can get the custom inserts for your machine(s). I see in the quilt magazine ads that they now have an accessory tray, which looks really nice.

I used my SewEzi table for several months, to set my Bernette Deco 340 stand-alone embroidery machine on it. It never jiggled or shook when the machine was 'broidering away.

 
At January 25, 2012 at 8:00 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks Doris, guess I'll go ahead and order it.
Sara

 
At January 25, 2012 at 10:28 AM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

I did see a competitor in one of the new magazines, Fons and Porter maybe?
I don't really know anything about either but they look awesome. I know
they are cheaper at the shows.
I'm always the last to arrive at retreat & it sure would be nice knowing I have my own table as a backup.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home