Monday, January 16, 2012

back home from retreat in Toccoa, GA

It was a long drive home.
The Fri,Sat and 1/2 day Sunday quilt retreat for the Quilts of Valor was much fun, and I met some great women from Ga, NC, TN, and 2 from south Fla. Never seen so many variations of red, white and blue. Gosh! Two women had their long arm machines there and set up, and they quilted like mad getting some quilts done. I'll find out later in the week how many quilts were finished, but I'm thinking about 30. I finished the top of mine and turned it in. They need 85 for this month for a returning heros ceremony, and 5 for flight nurses in Afganistan. I think these numbers will be met. Hope to see some pictures and be able to post them here soon.
It was 27 on Fri. morning--burr.. This Florida chick isn't used to that cold, and with wind.
I drove to the nearest McDonalds for coffee that morning and the "check tires" light came on in the dashboard. After putting air in all 4 tires it was still on. When we were about 30 miles west of Savannah, GA. the light went out. We are thinking that the air pressure & cold weather don't like each other. Even the tires on the SUV are liking warmer weather.
DH and the 2 dogs lived without me for a few days. They did miss me, which is a good thing.
I'm signed up for a Scrap Therapy class at my local quilt shop on Fri. maybe I can use up some of the red, white and blue scraps.
Funny of the weekend-- on Sat. night about 6 women in their PJ's and bathrobes were watching the only TV there to see the Denver Bronco vs. N.E. Patriots game. Several people there were rooting for Tim Tebow and the Denver team and one woman from Boston for the Patriots. About the 2nd quarter 15 or so men came to join us. They were in shock to see women doing quilt binding rooting for football. Unfortunately the Denver team lost badly, but we all had a fun time.
Sara in warmer Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home