Friday, January 6, 2012

Me too, Rosey!

It was very interesting to see the photo and read about how you get your logs, having read your previous posts over the years about the days you (or he/they) spend cutting them up. I had never thought about where you'd get them from or how many you would actually need for a winter! I still haven't 'suffered' being snowed in or even snowed on, although not for the want of trying! We have travelled through some 'iced up' terrain in the Sth Island of NZ in late winter once. My Swiss friend suggested we visit them at Easter time, when they should still have lots of snow up in the Alps, but Easter this year was late and their thaw was early so all we got to do was stand in a patch of ice and snow for a while vbg.

Oh, and I love your rooster design!

SARA: Have a good time at your quilting retreat, snow or no!

Our Christmas Day was in the low 20s (C) but we've since had a heatwave with 2 days at 40 and 41, so well over the F century. Thank goodness for air-conditioning or I'd have one very grumpy DH. There are still people who do it rough with none, especially in rental accommodation, including DS#3 in Melbourne.

Speaking of......he has just been accepted to do his PhD in Atmospheric Physics. Hopefully we'll learn a bit about the field over the next 4 years, whenever he finds a moment to tell us what he's been doing at any particular time.

GRACE: I’m thinking you must be undergoing your knee replacement sometime today. All the best for your recuperation.

MARION: Hope R can find something to ease his sciatica. I have bursitis in one hip that is causing me grieve but am learning to live with it. That was a lovely photo of Christmas lilies - they look quite delicate compared to some others of the species. I can't imagine the feeling of continually going through so many aftershocks all these months and wondering what extra damage has been done to the city, its suburbs and the surrounding countryside each time. I hope there's an end to it on the horizon.

BEE: How's things?

The day after Christmas I had the heartwarming feeling of being called Nana for the first time by a sweet little boy not yet two. I could eat him all up! His big sister (5) has decided to call me NannyFran and that sounded good too DS#2 is obviously enjoying his new role as a dad.

A belated Happy New Year to all.

1 Comments:

At January 8, 2012 at 6:44 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Yea! Writing I can read without those old reading glasses! Thank you, Fran. :-)
I can see you are going to enjoy being a Grandmother! Have fun.
Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home