Saturday, December 31, 2011

All the best for 2012.

I suppose that most of you are still up and waiting for midnight ! It's 9.30am. here on New Years Day and I have only just surfaced. ! We saw the New Year in with about twenty friends last night, sitting outside, around a fire and enjoying the beautiful night sky. It was a lovely evening/night and we put the worries of 2011 behind us for awhile. None of us had traveled far,we were on a rural property, we had lot of neighbourly fun, lots of laughs, good wine and tasty nibbles. Only a ten minute drive from here and no other traffic on the road, perfect.

It's a fine day today too so we will be going on a picnic with friends shortly and then they will come back here for an easy meal tonight. Sounds good. Just hope that we have a day (year....lifetime...) without shakes. Yesterday we had a 4.8 jolt which was not at all nice..

Sara, I wish I could look forward to some quilting retreats, they don't seem to happen here. I hardly did any quilting last year, but I hope to this year. I've got a heap of fabric to use up !!

Here's wishing health and happiness to all and courage to face the challenges which will no doubt come ! Thank you to the regular "posters" . This page has become part of my life and I really enjoy hearing about your lives. All the best for your op. Grace. A friend in England ended her Christmas letter with " I"ve had hips replaced, teeth replaced and a hearing aid fitted this year, so I'm all set and ready to go for 2012 " !! Aren't we a lucky generation ? ! ?

Cheers.
Marion.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home