Monday, January 16, 2012

Just for fun



Amidst the much appreciated greenery, which is a balm to my eye at this time of year, I searched through my files and came upon a photo that the Nunavut Tourism people allowed me to download for my talk on the Inuit and Nunavut. Never having seen an iceberg close up, I've always liked the colours and the image in this photo.


Talk about tires reminds me that we have to pay for our air, do you believe that? No complimentary tire fill-ups anymore.

Rosey

2 Comments:

At January 17, 2012 at 6:08 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Rosey-I had to pay $1.00 for air in the Mtns. Here in town there are 2 places that give it for free, and the other places charge 25 cents. Since I was away from home thought it best to pay, then feel a little bit safer. Not!
Sara

 
At January 18, 2012 at 9:55 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

mednetePaying for air offends my sensibilities. Get a small home air compressor and a digital pressure guage. I have to remind myself to not to rely on all the gadgets and check fluids and air pressure the way Al taught me. He was adament about that and trained the girls to do the same. He even required them to change oil and a tire once before he'd let them take the license test. They are both competent careful drivers.

Jane

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home