Sunday, December 18, 2011

Merry Christmas and safe travels

I know many of you are traveling this week, so I thought I'd wish you Merry Christmas now.
Last week I mailed off the quilt for DGS #4 along with another package. As of today's phone call they had received the other package, but not the quilt. Hopefully it will arrive in a day or 2. DD says the post office is really stretched thin, and sometimes the packages take a few extra days. I did insure it for quite a bit of $$. It always makes me nervous to mail things such as quilts.
Today was DH's 63rd birthday, and we decided to sloth around. His friend from H.S. and college left early this morning, so DH requested an egg McMuffin from McDonald's as his breakfast. After reading all the paper we got dressed and drove over to the beach, it was about 65 and sunny by then. The center of town area has done a nice job of Christmas decorating, wreathes on life guard stands (stands painted various colors). I took a few pictures.
We are watching the Denver football game to see if Tim Tebow will do another last min. victory. So far it doesn't look good.
Not doing anything quilty this week. I have a few fleece blankets to deliver to the local mission once I wrap them, and some baking to do. Otherwise just going to relax and enjoy the Christmas music on CD.
Sara in Fla.

3 Comments:

At December 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Did you insure both packages? My experience has been the insured ones take longer. Maybe they actually do handle them with more care.

 
At December 19, 2011 at 2:51 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Did you insure both packages? My experience has been the insured ones take longer. Maybe they actually do handle them with more care.

 
At December 19, 2011 at 11:16 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Yes, I insured both. One went a box, the quilt in a bubble mailer, so hopefully it wasn't torn, etc.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home