Sunday, December 11, 2011

Would you believe, Doris....

I am now the proud owner of one Easy Walk harness and now comes the hard part...reading the instructions. Thank you for mentioning it...the odd thing was that I met a woman at the dog show who owns a pet food and grooming store and who also owns three if not more of my good cyber friend, DK, of Arrogant Aussies in Indiana. I admired the harness she strapped on her male and she arranged to have her husband bring one to the show this morning from Stratford, Ontario, where they live (about an hr. & a half from here). There is no way Sophie can finagle her way out of that harness as long as it's tight enough on her. This lady fitted Annie out and now we practice because it is clipped to the leash on the front and there is no way the dogs can move beyond it out front. Reading instructions is never easy for me but there are lots of pictured diagrams so that is good. I just need time and patience now to do it.

I love the pictures, too, Sara, it helps to feel that I know people better, too.

It's turned bitterly cold here in Southern Ontario, Canada, the real start of winter for us but we've been lucky so far...we've had grand weather up till now. The temps are due to go up some this week (above freezing), so we may loose some snow but it won't last. Time to hunker down with a good quilt project, which fortunately, I have. Need to go to the library to stack up on some books and I'm all set for winter and snow storms.

Rosey

1 Comments:

At December 12, 2011 at 6:27 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

This is the harness we use on Alex too. It's just amazing. I would have never thought that this would stop the pulling. Then I got to thinking about what it must feel like to be pulled from around your neck, it's crazy really. I like the changes that have come down the pike in dog training. My DH and I still disagree on all the treat giving I do on a walk but I like the full on attention I get when I have snacks, what could it hurt?

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home