Friday, December 9, 2011

It's the season....

(Shall we could run a competition to see who can come up with an amusing end to that statement? I can think of a few myself !?! )

This is the first time, since we got the new computer, that I have been able to post a photo. I'm so pleased it worked, wish I had chosen a different photo now, but it was all trial and error and I didn't think it would happen ! At least it's seasonal ! I made the quilt years ago and it just fits the fireplace, so that's where it went last year.

Celia, I'm sure you'll be reading the BB page to see your lovely cat featured ! We do miss you. Isn't it time you came back to us ? I can admire your furry friend even though I'm not a cat fancier at heart !

So pleased that it's Friday. It's been a very busy week and I am looking forward to a "sleep in' tomorrow morning. We have to help somebody move house over the w/end. Just hope they don't want to make an early start in the morning ! I'd like a hour or two in the garden too. The growth out there is amazing. The lady who helps me occasionally has only been twice since Sept. and it shows ! The sweet -peas are lovely though. I have a large bowl near the desk and their scent takes me right back to my childhood.

Enjoy the w/end.

Marion.

5 Comments:

At December 9, 2011 at 10:44 AM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

The Christmas piece is beautiful. What is the pattern - looks like something I would like to add to my list. Joleen in MN

 
At December 9, 2011 at 11:07 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Gorgeous, Marion! What a clever idea too. We don't use the fireplace in our front room. I should make something to hang in front of it.
Happy Christmas to you and yours!
Mary in Oregon

 
At December 10, 2011 at 3:00 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Thank you for your nice comments. I think I got the pattern from a quilting shop in America. As I said, it was years ago and the memory isn't what it should be. It will be here at home somewhere (!) I plan to have a tidy up after Christmas (don't we all ?!) If I find it, I'll have it copied for you Joleen.
Christmas greetings to all.
Marion.

 
At December 10, 2011 at 9:57 PM , Blogger Joleen in MN said...

Marion - if you find the pattern, let me know the name and designer and I'll see if I can find it online first. It would go on the "someday" list so no hurry. :). Thanks. Joleen

 
At December 13, 2011 at 2:43 PM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

Joleen. I have posted the information above. Found the quilt pattern and an web site in the quilt shop yesterday. Marion.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home