Saturday, December 3, 2011

No, No, Annie...

I'm hearing Annie getting scolded by J. right now..."You are not to chew up paper" repeated several times...I know who he's talking to...

This is a post I placed elsewhere this week:

"I confess to having avoided reading Rita Mae Brown's Mrs. Murphy series feeling that animals who talked to each other was 'kinda' dumb and gimmicky. Of course, having read one and now many of her books, I'm completely hooked given that the two Aussie girls here in the house manage to get into all kinds of mischief themselves. So last night when these same two Aussie girls came tearing out of the pantry looking very sheepish, I wondered what they'd been into. I could almost hear them saying: 'holy cow, did you see that darned thing snap at us? Boy, we're lucky it didn't bite us'....and the other one saying, 'well, it almost got you, you got in there first and tried to get that bacon off the hook; serves you right for being so greedy, bubblebutt......'.

If Aussies had tails, they would have both been between their legs.

The rat trap had been too tempting.
.................................................................................................................

Jean, I'll remember the baking sheet trick...Annie is so agile that she stretches up onto Aunt Grace's desk (J's great aunt) and puts her nose down into Geordie's bowl of food. At 15, getting him to eat is an ongoing chore. So maybe that's the place for the cookie sheets.

I'll have a look at the site, Doris...

Annie is an adorable monkey and one step ahead of me all the time.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home