Saturday, November 26, 2011

For Grace

I know that I can add my comments to Grace's posting but forget and reach for the sign in at the top of my tool bar...so, here goes...Grace, thanks for the update on J's health issues and I agree that you must all feel enormous relief to have a reprieve with his good health. Also, too, a reminder that some of us, me in particular, are reaching an age where strokes, even silent strokes, can happen so easily.

At a quilt meeting last week, I met up with an acquaintance who is a friend and inspector of my husband's glider each year. They don't live far from us here in the country. Her husband, retired from his regular job, services and repairs aircraft, motorized and glider planes. His workshop, a huge barn-sized building is full of every imaginable part for an airplane and the tools to fix it. His wife has given him an ultimatum...clean out your workshop.... which she fully believes he will ignore because once something is thrown out, Murphy's Law means it will be needed the following week.

I keep thinking we need to pare down ourselves and heaven help us...we've been here 23 years going on 24. My husband is a collector of mechanical things to say nothing of our garage, basement, his workshop in which resides at least forty old fashioned extension cords. My studio is mild compared to his workshop and besides, any respectable quilter would have my studio cleaned out in a flash if I corked off before dealing with it.

Gloomy day here in Southern Ontario, Canada...the focus for today is to wire up the outdoor Christmas tree which was liberated, not stolen, from a field nearby ours...our evergreens have grown far too tall to be used in this manner....we have to wire the tree to the house, put it up outside, with tiny lights on it and it stays there until April when the snow melts. It helps brighten our lives in the long dark winter months ahead. The wind on the Niagara Escarpment will take the tree off in no time unless we attach it to the house with wires...

Miss AnnieBelle is beckoning with a voice that would challenge the best of opera singers...she wants OUT.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home