Monday, November 28, 2011

It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas



....and it's only just past Thanksgiving. Thought I'd share a shot that I took the other afternoon at the cabin. It was well below 0*F most mornings. I figured that it was -23*C on Friday morning (for those of us who live north of the border). The cloud formations were unlike anything I'd seen. High winds aloft and clear, clear air. It was cold enough that the bald eagle who usually sits in the tree across the river from us decided that he had best hide out in his nest most of the day.

Kathi

5 Comments:

At November 29, 2011 at 8:59 AM , Blogger Grace in On said...

beautiful picture Kathi.
Really Like our weather here.
Jo snow.
Grace

 
At November 29, 2011 at 6:10 PM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

What an absolutely gorgeous picture, Kathi! Looks like it could be on a Christmas card. :-)
Thanks for sharing,
Mary in Oregon

 
At November 29, 2011 at 9:26 PM , Blogger RoseyP said...

Kathi, it's difficult to tell just where the tops of the mountains are and where the sky begins. Did you take the photo yourself? It's very clever.

Rosey

 
At November 29, 2011 at 10:11 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

Yes, I did take the picture. A car stopped in our drive, and I noticed that they were taking pictures, so looked out at the sky. As you can see, I immediately grabbed my own camera and headed out into the cold. I do love taking winter pictures at the cabin.
Kathi

 
At November 30, 2011 at 8:32 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Beautiful photo and awesome clouds. Thank you for sharing this with us, Kathi.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home