Saturday, December 10, 2011

You know those forwards that people send out....?!



Just received one which said: hope you aren't too busy with Christmas but....I have to forward this to twenty people...(I noticed that I was the only one in our 'school' group to be so honored)...and you will get a flood of recipes back if you sign your name and put up a recipe...(now that I think of it, my friend must have thought I'd have a recipe or two running a B&B)....so, declining politely I explained my day, which included a run to the pet store to replace the deer antler that Annie is so devoted to and which I wish I'd known about before she chewed through my kitchen cupboards and my expensive antique daybed replica....but I placed her deer antler somewhere and for the life of me, can't remember where...so $28 incl. tax later, she had another deer antler. I continued to list my exciting life here in the small town and country...running around town doing my chores, going to Curves where five other women and I shouted obsenities at each other around the circuit (actually, we were hooting in laughter), then dropped into the Credit Valley dog show...one of the last on the CKC circuit for this year...and a big one. I took Annie into the show, leashed (that means she was constantly straining at the leash and not walking as a trained show dog would), where she promptly sniffed the butts of every manicured, perfume-sprayed dog she could find to come into contact with while their handlers looked on in horror, or she was jumping up at passersby (why, I don't know other than there was a building full of dogs yapping and she was a tad overexcited). I kept apologizing and saying: she's just a puppy...well...she's nearly a year old but...puppy sounds better...) and so when I thought about my day and whether I was busy or not and wanted to join in on exchanging recipes with multitudes of other people whom I did not know, I declined. Am I busy...well, I'm not on a social whirl of cocktail parties, I can tell you that. Having to put pantyhose on was something I did twenty three years ago when I moved up here and haven't done since.


So here is Annie around five months of age. She's a great kisser. Actually, she was sniffing to see what I'd had for lunch.


Rosey

1 Comments:

At December 11, 2011 at 2:20 AM , Blogger Mm said...

aww how cute

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home