Tuesday, July 5, 2011

This and that & books



I always appreciate the book reviews.
I have not finished "Major Pettigrew" I seem to fall asleep, even though I have enjoyed it.
I'm doing my first Nook book & really enjoy the device although the library books have been
a learning curve. I'm reading a $3 book from Barnes & Noble that is quite good., King of Lies.
My goal is to do the Steig Larssen books this summer.
I have a "Prairie" book on it's way from half.com. I have to read one book of this genre every summer.

Three of us will be meeting at Sisters this Sat if anyone else is going? 1:30 behind the Stitchin'
Post, the grassy area near the Sisters Raffle quilt.
I think Kathi is taking a class on Fri. I just drive over Fri nite & head to the show very early & head back to Portland by late afternoon. I never tire of this beautiful quilt show. I can't even think how many I've been to. Sisters & quilts were just meant for each other.

Sewing, hum......I have cleaned my patio in hopes of getting my machine outdoors soon to do some quilting. I'm changing out the ends on my GrandMother's Flower Garden & can do that outside as well. Today is only about our 3rd day in the 80's.....It's been a long wet road to summer for us. But now that it's here it's worth the wait!

Of course I have to end with a garden picture & an Alex picture. Have I said how much we love him?????Ha ha! He's just been the greatest dog, in a couple months we will have had him a year.

Love the New York Beauty! such an intricate feast for the eyes!

1 Comments:

At July 6, 2011 at 3:53 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Can't tell by the picture, what kind of dog is Alex? Cute-we do love our dogs, don't we?
Mine were scared of the fireworks on Monday night, almost jumped into our arms when we walked in at 9:30. Refused to go for a walk!
DH finally got them out abut 10:30.
Sara in Fla.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home