Monday, July 4, 2011

Summer reading

After the Louise Penny books were recommended by someone here - Rosey, as I recall - I got hooked. The last one I read was set at the Winter Carnival in Quebec City. I started that book as soon as we returned from the Carnival - it was fun to read since I had just been at many of the places mentioned in the book. I have really enjoyed the whole series and will have to look for the next one coming out in August. Right now I am reading a series of books that were recommended by one of my quilt friends here. As is the case with the Louise Penny books, they are stand alone stories, but IMHO better if read in sequence. The author is Elizabeth George and I believe several of her books have been made into PBS mystery series. Also read several Michael Connelly books over the winter/early spring. In fact, Michael Connelly was almost a part of our family - Gary reading on his e-reader and me, the old fashioned way... Gonna grill some steaks - just wanted pop in. And Grace, love the table runner and pillow you posted a few days ago - you've been busy! Joleen in MN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home