Monday, June 6, 2011

front loader washing machine

A few years ago I bought the newer front loader machine and have been very happy with it. At that time it was rated very high by Consumer Reports mag. It is a Kenmore, made by Whirlpool. A year after that bought the Whirlpool Cabrio dryer. Once in a great while the front loader doesn't "spin" out all the water in the towels, but only about every 4 mo. or so. I just re-set the "final spin" cycle again and it spins it all out. I figured it was a hic-up.
As for sheets, I have a king size bed and wash those sheets once a week. Never had a problem with them not cleaning well, or not spinning.
As for a quilt--are you talking a big one, king size, queen, etc. Maybe it gets unbalanced and needs to be re-balanced. On mine, I just open the drawer that you put the detergent in, which stops the machine, open the door, and fluff a bit. If it just doesn't spin out all the water at the end, fluff, then set on "final spin" again. It should work.
The sales lady at Sears said I shouldn't need any of the hi-eff. detergent, just use less of my regular one. Have to use the perfume and dye free for DH's skin allergies.
I also have gone back to washing on "warm" instead of cold for towels and sheets. The cold is supposed to be a savings of $ and better for the earth, but things seem to smell fresher with the warm water. Also use a fabric softener sheet in the dryer, which doesn't seem to affect the skin problems.
More info than anyone would ever want to know about my life I'm sure!
Really wish all those flood waters in the middle of the country would send water our way. Dry,dry, dry. No, the humidity doesn't make up for it. Just makes you sweat more. There is smoke and haze around from the fires that are smoldering south of us. Thankfully the A/C keeps me cool and calm during the day.
Love the pictures of the flowers everywhere. Keep it up.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home