Saturday, June 4, 2011

A rainy Sat. day

Laura, what lovely colour with the 'ray' is it? And I cannot imagine the destruction of the tornadoes going through Alabama and your state. Thank you for posting reality and sharing it with us. I tend to live in my own tiny capsule of the world, I think, like most of us do. It helps to have this brought into my world.

Sara, it must feel tinder-dry down there in Florida without rain, does it? Or does the humidity help take the edge of the fire-dryness?

Sandi, I can relate to enjoying the ATV. My late husband had one of the first ATV's and brought it to my parents cottage. He never felt fear (I seem to have been born with an inner radar for it) and the terrain he took us over, I'd never have experienced this on my own. We took the machine into the water with it as well. which was exciting. One consolation I had however, in my usual fearful state was that a neighbouring chap went with my husband and said he'd never go with him again, he was that frightened by the land formations my husband drove over, huge rock formations, woods, etc. But perhaps for you, it's all part of your day. It looks like fun. I'd enjoy it on less challenging landscape than my first experience. And I LOVE your boots. I've just had to ditch my LandsEnd boots for cracking and leaking...how's that for rubber.

Doris, I love your sense of humour. Small entertainments can be found in researching laundry detergents. You've made my day. I'll know who to consult if I ever get a front loader. Meanwhile, I curse the tangled sheets everytime I have to haul them out of my top loader.

It is raining here in Southern Ontario at the moment and the promise of a dreary weather day lies ahead. I'm inbetween quilts at the moment, my insecurities are making themselves felt. I don't like not having a quilt to create.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home