Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Today in No. Fla.

We had the local elections for mayor, city council, etc. today. I'll be SO glad when the political adds are off of the TV.
My Mom is in the hospital in So. Fla with TIAs, and low sodium, which is accounts for all the confusion. She went in Fri. night, and we hope will get out today or at least tomorrow.
At 93 I guess that sort of thing can be expected, but I was hoping that she could avoid the TIAs. It is sad to see someone who was sharp fade. She used to love to watch 60 min. and Meet the Press on TV, and an active member of her little church. Now she doesn't have much interest in anything.

I did take a quilt top and several small wall hangings to the Sunshine State Quilt Assoc. documentation last Saturday. I guess various states are documenting the quilts, putting them on digital pictures, on cataloging them. Evidently this "double wedding ring" top isn't as old as I was lead to believe, as some of the fabrics in it are from the 1930's. The head of that guild advised me to finish it so that it could be kept in better shape. I'll have to post a picture of it!
I did take some shots of all the azaleas in bloom around the polling place. Will try to do it tonight.
Other than that, I have finally finished striping off wallpaper and went to big box store to pick out paint samples this afternoon. I have several that would work on the top half of the wall. Will be glad when next Tues. comes and this project is finished.
Sara in Fla.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home