Monday, March 21, 2011

B&B Guest Room


Here are two quilts which are in one of our B&B bedrooms. The quilt on the left was made by my late mother--in-law, Maude Small, who first introduced me to quiltmaking in my early twenties. I cannot remember the name, a rose pattern. The quilt on the right was made by an elderly woman by the name of Annie May Johnson, who, when my name appeared in the paper in relation to starting the 2nd quilt guild in Canada, called me and said: "I think you must like quilts; would you like to see mine?" And so, I paid Annie May a visit. Her quilts numbered over one hundred at least. She made this Lone Star and presented it to me. Annie May had quilts stuffed under beds, behind the old player piano, under stairwells; we could hardly find them all. What a remarkable woman.

Heather, that little fellow in the middle, Preston...am I imagining it or does he have a very 'Schooler' look about him. This must give Andy a whole new lease on life. You are both good grandparents to look after these boys. It takes a lot of time, energy and commitment.
Marion, please continue to share your life with us. I hope these pictures brighten your day. We can do nothing from this end of our world but hopefully distract your mind for awhile.

Rosey

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2011 at 3:04 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Not only do those 2 quilts look inviting, but the room does too. I love the "cottage" look, white walls, iron beds, etc.
Sara in Fla.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 12:23 AM , Blogger Marion in NZ. said...

ooooh Rosey ! That looks SO inviting !
Marionx.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home