Sunday, March 20, 2011

photos






.










I love the photos everyone have posted here. Please keep posting, ladies. I can't seem to control where mine land in the post. They only want to be at the top of the post. (The Left, Right, Center part is easy.) Such are the ways of computers & web sites, and being technologically challenged.

Laura in AL - I visited Gulf Shores SP beach back in the late 1970s and it was beautiful, back then. My girlfriend and I took turns going into the water, with the other watching for shark fins, as that trip was on the heels of the movie "JAWS". ;-)


Above is a picture of Sophie taken a year ago, right after her bath. She still had her winter coat, so looks very hairy.

Another beautiful, warm Spring day today, highs in the upper 70s. DH is headed to the golf course, which is good exercise for him. The Japanese Magnolia/Tulip trees are blooming, and are gorgeous this year. Hugs to everyone!

4 Comments:

At March 20, 2011 at 3:50 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Your dog is adorable. What is the breed? How big do they get? I would have a hard time getting anything done with one of those on my lap.

 
At March 21, 2011 at 9:27 AM , Blogger Jane in NC said...

Pat, she is a King Charles Spaniel. Unlike other spaniels they are not sporting dogs but rather, they are specifically, as you say, bred to be lap dogs. If you look at pictures of 18th century English nobility, particularly women and children, they have a King Charles nearby or in the lap. Consequently, true to their purpose in life they are small, light and sweet. Of course, if you are of the nobility, you have servants to clean of the dog hair.

 
At March 23, 2011 at 10:19 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Doris, what a cute little companion that must bring great joy to your lives. :-)
Re posting pictures - at least yours post upright. One of mine came up sideways. I can't figure out how to correct it. I call it my drunken Dutch Iris flowers. LOL
Hugz, Mary in Oregon

 
At March 25, 2011 at 10:33 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thank you Jane for the info - I have seen them before in old paintings but did not know the name of the breed. Beautiful dogs.
In my house I am the servant so both of my dogs are short haired and relatively low maintenance.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home