Monday, March 21, 2011

Quilts for Japan, deadline before end of May

I hope this posts okay. I copied and pasted from a quilter group email and it might run together when I post.
-----------------------------------
There are two deadlines: mid-April and the end of April. Quilts won't be accepted after the end of May.

Thanks to Jeannie Hunt for this information on sending quilts directly to Japan.

Subject: a plea from Japan for quilts
This morning I received an email from Naomi Ichikawa, Editor of Patchwork Quilt Tsushin Magazine. Naomi lives in Tokyo and her mother and brother survived the tsunami in Sendai. Naomi asked me to please spread the word about the plea for comfort quilts. I hope you can help spread the word.
Here is Naomi's request:
It is still bad situation now in Japan. We are still nervous about shaking and radiation,but no way to escape. I start to announce to the quilters to send us comfort quilts for the people who are suffered. I would like to do it to the world quilters. We will deliver the comfort quilts to the people who are very difficult situation.Could you please help to announce it to the quilters in Canada and USA?
We accept any size of quilts(baby to adult).new or unused.

The deadline would be the end of May or later.
★Send the quilts to:

(until the middle of April)Naomi Ichikawa,Editor of Patchwork Quilt tsushinPatchwork Tsushin Co.,Ltd5-28-3,Hongo,Bunkyo-ku,Tokyo,Japan zip:113-0033

(after the middle of April)Naomi Ichikawa,Patchwork Tsushin Co.,
Ltd2-21-2,Yushima,Bunkyo-ku,Tokyo,Japan zip:113-0034
I will appreciate if you help me.Naomi

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home