Sunday, November 28, 2010

Social networking !

Thank you Fran, for posting the information below. I have just spoken to Shirley...wow ! She's sounds as if she's human dynamo ! She has had messages from all over the world and seems very able to handle all that. She has the local paper coming around today to do an article on this project and she plans to ask local quilters to join her for a "sewathon" this Friday and Saturday. She has contacted suppliers and has had backing fabric and Dacron donated from quilting shops. She plans to have 15 quilts finished for Christmas, for the 15 children who have been left fatherless. I have no doubt at all that she will accomplish that. I am working on hearts myself and will pop them in next time I go into Rangiora (15minutes away) If I can't join her on Friday or Saturday I'll bring some hearts home to assemble here. It was great to hear her enthusiasm and "get up and go " . Reading her blog page gives you some indication of her determination to get things done.

Summer has arrived and we are all running for cover ! We are not used to these very hot days. The garden is beginning to wilt. I know how it feels ! Hopefully it will last long enough for us to get used to.

Three weeks today we leave for Christmas in H.K. with DD#1 and family. Lots to do before then so I'd better get moving ! Have a good week.

Marion.

1 Comments:

At November 29, 2010 at 12:42 AM , Blogger Fran (Sth Aust) said...

I thought I recognised the name of the town! Yes, she sounds very competent - good to know someone has taken it on; that will be quite a task to finish all those quilts before Christmas.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home