Friday, November 26, 2010

I AIN'T DEAD YET

Well, Ive survived the hammer toe surgery. I checked in at the outpatient surgery center in Asheville and I recall very little of the time there. They gave me a good dose of Versed which wipes out memory so I don't even remember the IV insertion. The procedure was scheduled for 8 AM and I didn't see the surgeon that I can remember unti he stuck his head into my slot at the recovery area to see if I was alright. They my friend who took me there picked me up and we headed for home at 11:30. They used a local numbing process administered by seven shots around each ankle. I remember the first before I shut down. They discharged me as soon as feeling returned. I stayed with them until DB arrived Friday evening the day after the surgery. We come home to my place on Saturday. I'm confined to a walker with orders to limit weight bearing of 50%. Can someone please tell me how one measures that? The whole time I was gone to the quilt retreat the week before and with surgery the dogs were left home and two wonderful friends took turns feeding them.

DB is improving somewhat in the kitchen activities. I can't imagine how he has survived since DSIL died of Alzheimers two years ago. She was incapapable of fixing a meal for quite some time before that. Anyway, the combination of inactivity and overeating is have the usual result. DB and I are both suffering from tired backs so the theraband and dumbells are going to put into action today.

My heart goes out the loved ones of those heading to Iraq and Afganhistan and also to all our brave troops. The families of miners live in constant fear of cave-ins and explosions. The coal miners eithe die young from accidents or black lung if they survive the accidents.

Had a nice dinner with neighbors yesterday. Rocky was absent most of the day sampling the goodies at their house. We closed the dog door before we left to go down to dinner as all three dogs, including DB's huge Plott Hound, were safely home at that time.

I have some hopes of getting into the quilt room today or tomorrow. I can't stand to cut but I can sure start assembling the blocks for DD's way overdue wedding quilt.

TTFN
Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home