Wednesday, November 24, 2010

New Zealand Miners

Marion, I cannot imagine a worse death than being trapped beneath the earth knowing that it would be only a matter of time before life ended. The nation as a whole must be stunned although the risks the miners take every day with their jobs must be great. Such a beautiful land and such heartaches between this and the earthquakes.

Mary, nice to see you post and I, too, enjoyed the Guernsey Society book. It was a delightfully written book.

Kathi, I've looked up tryptophan as I was not familiar with it and what foods it was in. I hope to learn more about it and the effect it may have on dogs as I feed our dogs turkey several times a year.

Rosey

2 Comments:

At November 24, 2010 at 6:02 PM , Blogger Kathi in Idaho said...

I probably should have done more than just remember(?) the word tryptophan before I posted. We lost our dog to pancreatitis caused by eating turkey (or turkey skin) many years ago. Perhaps more research has been done, but our vet told us to skip the turkey for the dogs.

 
At November 27, 2010 at 2:31 PM , Blogger Jill from Portland said...

Eating big doses of anything can
bring on pancreatitis in dogs & cats. Turkey in and of itself is OK.
Some dog & cat foods even contain turkey as it's protein source.
Some critters just seem to be at risk for pancreatitis.
So I think Kathi, your vet was just trying to restrict your diet somewhat.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home