Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Tuesday evening

Marion in NZ - Actually, I don't watch much news these days. We're in another election cycle and the media just loves to plaster their garbage and sensationalism throughout the nation. So really, your updates are all I have at this point, on New Zealand's recovery from the earthquake. Besides, we get the real hands-on report from you, instead of some glossy TV presenter.

Rosey P. -- Flies! I remember those flies when we had Rosey's Retreat at your B&B in September, several years ago. Does fly paper help? I once tried that, and did quite the excellent job of getting myself stuck to it. Ack.

We are getting hints of autumn here, too. Several nights with lows of 52° have told the maples to start turning gold at the tops of the trees, and some of the Bermuda grasses are trying to go dormant. The "burning bushes" are also starting to turn red at the tips===a sure sign of some cool nights and shorter days.

Speaking of shorter days . . . ugh!!! Why is it so hard to get out of bed in the mornings, when it is dark outside? The older I get, the worse the problem becomes. LOL I don't have this problem when daylight has broken by 5:30 a.m.

Hugs to everyone.....

1 Comments:

At September 16, 2010 at 11:09 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

I'm with you, Doris. The political stuff on TV gets old mighty fast!
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home