Thursday, September 16, 2010

Nothing special

Marion, that aftershock you're experiencing would be considered an earthquake of some proportions here in Southern Ontario. I'd be a nervous wreck living with that, to say nothing of poor Holly and how she is coping with them down there.

Swatting flies is just another autumn sport here in the country. Some people are really inundated; I'm not but most people take the vacuum cleaner to them. It's called 'sucking flies'. We have an exciting life here in the countryside...lol.

My social life is bound by the B&B, planes (gliding), my studio, Curves, the bank, grocery store and so when, last week I had a call at noontime and the call display said: John Roth, I knew that I was talking to the former CEO & Pres. of Nortell. Nortell shares climbed so high ten years ago that I bought my last car with them. He had the wrong number. He was looking for the man he'd lined up to spray his house for flies. Think the company must have my old fax number. In any case, where or when would I ever have had the opportunity to speak directly to the CEO & Pres. of Nortel but for a wrong number and his need to spray flies. Nortel went t*ts up some years ago. I told him what I'd done with his stock ten years ago and that I needed a new car again. He chuckled and said: There's nothing left. I'll say. Nortel took down a lot of folks who had shares in it and many people lost great sums of money. He's sitting in a very, very large home not far from here. He obviously didn't hold onto his stock.

Rosey

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home