Saturday, September 18, 2010

Central Ohio Glider Club

Judy, Jock was very interested in your posting, which I've forwarded to his computer and he has looked on the internet but cannot find anything major going on at that club. It may be a rally within the club itself. With you being further south than us, the gliders may have another few week-ends left...with good soaring weather. Jock's club is pretty much through by the end of Sept. and their mid-week flying is over as of this week-end. Our weather is very overcast and windy today so his trip to his club did not come about. He was busy here taking phone messages for me (smile). I volunteer to help out a soapmaker every Sat. at the Farmer's Mkt. in town on Sat. mornings in town. Thanks for posting, Judy. Jock was quite pleased.

And I have had a problem. I've used one of those Pigma pens on an apron and it's run into the white applique. I cannot get it out. Another quilter suggested pouring boiling water from a distance onto it and let it run through the material. This has taken a fair amount of red out but it's still marking the white cloth in a pale pink blush. I've also used Oxyclean spray. I've never used Pigma pens before and I don't intend to use them on cloth again. It's a Micron archival ink pen. It says for waterproof, fadeproof lines and they aren't kidding. I'll post it to the other board as well.

Rosey

2 Comments:

At September 18, 2010 at 10:21 PM , Blogger Phyllis in Minnesota said...

Rosey: I have used the pigma pen for yrs. with success but discovered if I use it on fabric shop fabric (vs. quilt shop)the ink does spread out. Sorry but I've had no success it getting it out. Consider trying peroxide to remove the ink. I would first try it on an identical piece of fabric. Don't give up on Pigma pens because they are great to use on children's quilts which get washed constantly or for tracing an embroidery project.
Good luck, Phyllis

 
At September 19, 2010 at 5:18 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Sandy,

Pigma Micron pens are the best, and fatally permanent. A local drycleaner might have something to remove the ink, but if it has been 'set', which I would think the heat from boiling water would do, it may be too late. Worth a try, though.
Good luck.

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home