Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Car Insurance

If your husband (or you) were in/are in the military, consider becoming a member of USAA, the insurance rates are much less than everywhere else. They also have car loans, house loans, etc. They used to be only for officers, but this year they opened it up to regular enlisted. Just a thought.

I hope you ladies and families have gotten thru all the earthquakes, fires, storms and other events unscathed. This is a little late, but I don't watch the news any more hardly, just plain tired of politics.

DH has a screw loose (LOL) literally in his ankle, so surgery coming up to remove it. They will leave the other plate and 8 screws in since they seem to be okay.

My grandson joined the Army and just loves it. I got a letter today 8^). His platoon will be shipped to Iraq as soon as they finish basic. He's not supposed to go with them as he is scheduled to go to Airborne school. He said he didn't join the Navy because he couldn't swim. I said I guess you are going to sprout wings when you jump out of the plane? I tried to find my picture of me in the Air Force Reserve to send him, but to no avail. Memory is terrible and I don't know if I threw it away but didn't think so. Oh well.

Almost forgot, a wayward child in church Sunday had me in tears by the end of the service (most of which I didn't get to pay attention to). Added to that I discovered the red ball point pen she was using on everything got on my new top. Anyone have any ideas (cheap hair spray comes to mind, I dont think it will fade the top??)

Hugs and blessings to all. Lavinia/TN

3 Comments:

At September 22, 2010 at 6:03 PM , Blogger Doris W. in TN said...

Lavinia - the savings must be if you are direct military. My father is retired military, I got quotes on our Home/auto/umbrella insurance from USAA last month, and Travelers is noticeably cheaper, so I stayed with Travelers. They were great when we had an auto claim several years ago.

 
At September 22, 2010 at 7:51 PM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Thanks, but we don't qualify. Neither of us were in the military. He was a college student, then married with sm. child during Viet Nam. Got deferred.
So far -less than 1 week--insurance is OK with Travelers.

 
At September 23, 2010 at 12:08 PM , Blogger Jean at Mill Bay said...

Alcohol or cheap hairspray are worth trying on your ink marks.
Jean

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home