Monday, September 20, 2010

this & that and dogs

Our last sweetheart was Princess, part border collie, and very smart.
She lived (we estimate) about 16 years. She adapted well to our home in West Palm Beach after our daughter picked her out at a rescue place. She was the only one to come up to the door or the cage and look longingly at her.
As of last night our two dogs, Pumpkin and Polly are back spending the night in the laundry room. We have a doggie condo set up. One kennel -the wire one- on the floor, and another on top of that. It is a canvas travel kennel I borrowed from a GF. They seemed OK at 6:15 AM this morning when I went to let them out. They were both happy to run out in the backyard.
This condo situation was set up because of their both jumping onto and off of the bed the night before, about 3 times each. The jingle jingle of the dog tags, plus the tap-tap-tap of their toenails on the floor doesn't sit well at 3:00 AM.
At 5:30 that morning I let them out, and then we slept in to 7:00 AM. Sleep is a necessary component to well being and good mental health in my book.
I think the wire kennel is big enough for their 2 little bodies, but DH doesn't, so will see how long this condo situation goes.
Other than that I'm making green costumes, and on, and on. So far have 1 finished, 6 cut out, and 2 half put together. I'm going to try to finish those 2 today for the practice tonight.
Mastery of elastic will come in another day or so I think.
OK, break time is over. I'm going to stretch for 5 min. before going back to sit in front of the sewing machine.
Sara in Fla. where is is below 90 today.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home