Tuesday, April 13, 2010

checking in

Marion in NZ - thank you for the photo. What beautiful scenery! I love how we can click on these photos and they open up in a new "tab" even larger.

The DH and I drove to Atlanta a week ago, spent the night with our son and his wife, and continued on to Savannah, GA the next day. OH.... MY.... GOODNESS .... The pollen in Atlanta was unbelievable. There was a thick haze in the air, like we usually have in the summers, except it was a bright yellow green. We could see clouds of pollen blowing along. The car was completely covered in yellow-green pollen and it was rather disgusting. Between car and buildings, I only breathed through my mouth. I did not dare let that pollen into my nose and sinus cavities.

Savannah's pollen was much better. The haze disappeared right before we arrived there. Some rain on Thursday night cleared the air, so I didn't suffer too badly. The wind was strong the entire visit, though. On Saturday, I was with a small tour group (pre-arranged thru the group holding the seminar DH attended) that took a trolley tour of the historic district (basically downtown) and we saw lots of beautiful homes, many which have been in famous movies.

While on the tour, we went to eat lunch at . . . The Lady and Sons, which is Paula Deen's restaurant she started back in the 1990s before she became famous. I honestly have to say I was underwhelmed. I prefer the fried chicken and the banana pudding at our own local hometown meat-n-three, but Paula Deen's meatloaf was To Die For. Ohhhhhh my goodness.... if one can possibly imagine meatloaf that looked and tasted like chicken fried steak..... it was great stuff. So now I can say 'been there, done that'.

I'm hanging in there with the allergies. The meds all make me sleepy and tired. The antibiotics were the worst, though, as they always sap my energy. I hope to be off all this stuff in another four weeks. DH and I go to Boca Raton next week for a few days. I hope the pollen isn't too bad down there.

I will hopefully get up to my sewing room this week. Yesterday and today were 'lost' days, as I had Sophie by my side the whole time. She's got a very bad case of Montezuma's Revenge from who-knows-what-she-ate. Not only have I given her two complete baths and had two crate disasters to clean up from, I have to bathe her hindquarters after every ... 'incident.' (Too much fur back there.) I finally trimmed away her petticoat and some of her tail, but the bath is still necessary, and of course the blow-dryer after that. I am worn out, and so is she. I took her to the vet today, and she's on an antibiotic now, for colitis or whatever was evident from the 'sample' and white blood cell count. Poor Sophie. Poor me! She ate some small bits of rice and I hope it sits well. Why did I want another dog??? (LOL)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home