Sunday, February 28, 2010

Quilter returns

Hi Everybody,
greetings from Tenneh (not) on the Mt. I have thought of you all often and am trying to catch up with your news reading back through the posts.

Sad to say life has been on the overwhelm the last few years, since my husband lost his leg, and the issues we were having with our death-threat making neighbors. The destructive forces on my family have been too great and my family torn apart by the pressures.
Simply put I am separated from my husband now and it looks irreconsilable. I am living and working in the town where my hospital job is; my DD2 is 6 years old this month and stays at home with her dad while she goes to school, as he is on the farm and not working. My oldest DD starts Uni this week, and the relationship between her and DH is ground zero. I have stayed in work to support my family and nearly burned myself out. Fortunately I have been on holiday these last few weeks and slowly getting it together. I am slowly gathering the tatters of my life back together and getting refocused. I am currently having custody issues with my ex but that will be resolved.

I have been blessed with the awesome support of the team at work over the last 3 years, a great bunch of women! (and men, our drs and our new male nurse). And the wonderful support of my distant family and friends. Life has been in 'cope mode' for so long, now it is time to come to terms with the fact we have passed the point of no return in this marriage relationship, no matter how much an optimist one wants to be, and to get on with life, get IN life again.
Not that I have been a total loss lately! With my marriage disintergrating rapidly I started my Post grad nursing studies and did one paper at the end of last year, using to to pull myself forward out of the morass I was in. I passed, but not terribly well. I am doing anothert in the 2nd semester this year.
So between family stress and work, and studies there was little energy for much else! No serious quilting anyway. But little DD2 picked the fabric and we made a quilt for her doll for Xmas, and that was the litle ice crystal that started the snowball rolling.
I remember now, I have made a hand quilted wall hanging for myself and finally cut into my 'happy fabric' and made a quilt block wall hanging that awaits more handquilting. I have pin basted a large lap quilt together-just want to baste it now, and thats my winter project ready to go, studies allowing (aside from my Mums quilt...)

I made some dolls clothes for DD2s doll, which has amounted to a fairly extensive wardrobe- 4 dresses and 1 pair of overalls, and 1 blouse yet to finish! As well I have madeDD2 2 little dresses and will finish the last row of smocking today on the 3rd, then to get it put together for her birthday! I have ambitions for a few more there...as the fabric was bought long ago and been sitting over the last 2 years. Soon she will br too big for the patters! All that has got me up and running in life again!

Between setting up a new garden here at my rented cottage, and having my horse to ride, life has been pretty busy. As busy as it gets when life is too much, so you slip the saddlepad on the horse and head for the hills (not hard here-this is hill country!), and escape to the solitude among the rabbits in the gullies and the hawks riding the thermals and ignore the fact one could be doing housework back home! Time to soothe one's tattered soul and even better been on holiday for 2 weeks! The first week was a bit gray, then it has been lovely hot ummer days here with just the first trees flirting with gold, indicating it will all end too soon....

So Blessings to all my missed friends, and I look forward to meeting some new ones,
Cheers from Tenneh in the Valley

Labels: ,

3 Comments:

At March 1, 2010 at 8:41 AM , Blogger Laura in IA said...

Welcome back Tenneh. So glad you have survived and turned the corner. You seem to know how to soothe your soul with quilting and your horse. Prayers and thoughts continue you on your journey.

 
At March 1, 2010 at 9:46 AM , Blogger Sara in Florida said...

Tenneh: I have often wondered what had happened to you. It is sad that your husband couldn't get over the depression (with or without help) but, glad you are on the mend. Treat yourself kindly.
Our best wishes and prayers.
Keep in touch.
Sara in Fla.

 
At March 2, 2010 at 11:24 AM , Blogger Mary in Oregon said...

Thank you for the contact and update! I've often thought of you and hoped things were working out for you. It's sad about your marriage but it's good you are taking care of yourself. Quilting plus restorative horse rides sounds perfect. :-)
Sending hugz and supportive thoughts,
Mary in Oregon

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home