Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Checking in on December 1st....

The weather in MN certainly would not indicate that it is already December! I heard this morning that our November was the second warmest on record. It has been an unusual fall, that's for sure.

Having our guild quilt show scheduled for March has really given me the incentive I needed to get some quilts finished. The most recent are my crazy quilt - a small lap size in all neutrals with the darkest color being copper - and the BC Pres quilt. The blocks are from a lot of you (that's the BCancer part) and the rest are from guild members the year I was Pres (that's the Pres part). Since it was all the same year, I put them together. I really like it. It isn't quilted yet but I will try to post some pictures - after DD gets home from school and shows me how again. The next one I am going to work on has blocks made by some of the people off the board as well. In 2000 when a group met in MN (Minnesota Babes 2000), a few of us did a challenge quilt. We each got some gold fabric and made blocks for all the others representing our idea of MN Babes 2000 using some of the gold in each. I found 9 blocks - there may have been more - and have a plan... Unfortunately, my "to-do" pile isn't going down because I keep buying more. I know. It's a sickness. And I have it.

Hope everyone had a great Thanksgiving. Joleen in MN

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home