Wednesday, November 25, 2009

HEMISPHERES


View on my driveway about a month ago. Leaves are all gone or, to be more accurate, on my porch.
MARION, I think I'll live here in the southern Appalachians from March to December and move in with you for January and February. How does that sound? I've always wanted to see NZ and have come to long for the trip. You have the best of both worlds, mountains and beach. I love both. Just think, I almost married a guy from Nebraska in the middle of prairie. I think they'd have had to put me in the rubber room if I'd lived there. Your pictures just blow me away. When my ship comes in or someone leaves a box full of money on my doorstep I'll show up on your doorstep.

My Thanksgiving prep is limited to the purchase of a bottle of wine and today's chore of making a Weight Watcher pumpkin mouse. The hostess is a hugely obese woman who has been an invalid for five years but has now had the heretofore overlooked medical problems repaired and is walking with a cane and so pleased that she insists on preparing the dinner. She and her husband are among my favorite neighbors so I'll take my chances with the food heavily laden full of fat and sugar. She was a mere 250 lbs. when the medical problems started.

I considered driving the 850 miles to Rochester to be with DD and DGKs but that Prius slips and slides on my gravel driveway sometimes so I can't risk heading into possible snow. Flying is such a drag. Rail travel, unless you want to sit up in a coach on the over night leg of the trip, is prohibitively costly. I hurt enough in the morning after sleeping in my own bed.

Best get chores done so I can spend some time on DD#2's late wedding quilt. Hope I finish it before I die of old age.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home