Sunday, November 22, 2009

Prep'ing for Thanksgiving

Joleen, your plans sounds absolutely wonderful. Wish we'd thought of starting something like that years ago. :-) Oh well, we make do with the usual - turkey, special family rice dressing, a family mustard recipe, cranberries, some sort of potatoes, etc. etc. Plus sugar free pumpkin pie as my DH is diabetic. He loves pumpkin pie and found he can follow the recipe on the can but use low-fat and sugar free (Splenda) ingredients to make it easier on him.

I feel lucky as my family isn't into sports so the TV issue has never been a problem at any of our family events. Thank goodness! I'm with the rest of you, if family is together then TV should be off. Unless that is what everyone wants. Just can't imagine trying to enjoy a huge gathering and meal while trying to talk over a TV. Gads.

T-day is here this year. I'm doing the usual cleaning before the day. Times like this I wish I had some sort of routine in place to keep the house tidy at all times. I've tried Flylady but it's a bit too much for me. In times of need, though, I use it as a guide for a bit to get myself through to a tidier home. :-)

Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving!

Hugz from Mary in Oregon

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home