Saturday, November 14, 2009

LAURA AND OTHER STUFF

I must have been asleep at the switch when you posted originally about kidney concerns. I'm so glad now to read that there isn't a significant medical problem. I'll bet you are still emitting a sigh of relief.

I'm enjoying a catch up day after back to back absences from home. I didn't get a lot of sleep at the quilt retreat this past week and am still catching up on that as well a laundry, picking up stuff left lying around upon departure etc. It poured like a monsoon most of the week but it is glorious since arriving home. Nights are in the 30s now but days get up close to 70 and I open the house wide for a few hours mid day. The leaves are down and the beautiful deep blue sky is cheerful to say the least. Shadow was thoroughly spoiled after her surrogate parents treated her to home cooked goodies while I was gone. She went hungry for a few days upon her return home but she got hungry enough to chow down her Purina One Senior dog food this morning. I also think she is wisely adjusting her food intake to her gradually reducing activity level in her old age. Unfortunately, I have had a bit of a problem following her very wise example.

I've been making some progress on the wedding quilt but still am a long way from reaching that light at the end of the tunnel.

Time to rest my eyes for a while before I prepare a covered dish for community assoc. supper tonight.

Jane

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home